Tuesday 10 February 2015

Anticipated Book To Movie Adaptation 2015!!!

I am not a big movie buff but and I'm very picky with what I invest my time with the movies I watch. Same goes for book to movie adaptations as I only watch those I know I will enjoy. In 2014 I saw 3 book to movie adaptation and they were all so.freaking.good!!!

So this year there are a handful of movies I'm anticipating and am probably gonna watch including some movies based on books that I love!


Grab some popcorn as I list my top anticipated book to movie adaptations of 2015!

1) The Duff (Based on The Duff by Kody Kiplinger)



Released Date: February 20, 2015 (USA)

I love the book and am super excited to see this on the big screen!

I actually did a trailer review and discussion (click here) and from the looks of it its not gonna be a faithful book to movie adaptation.

They borrowed the ideal of 'The Duff'' but changed the story and tone down the content to make it "PG-13 Disney Channel-ish friendlyish", which I don't blame them if they want to widen their audience as the original story is a bit... mature?!?!

Still I can't wait to watch the movie as Meg Whiteman looks exactly like how I picture Bianca in the book and I freaking love Robbie Amell from True Jackson VP and Picture This!

Check out the book as its one of the most refreshing and unique I've read and keep in mind its VERY different from the movie.

Click Here for my review on "The Duff".

2) Insurgent ( Based on Insurgent by Veronica Roth)




Released Date: 20 March 2015


I feel kinda guilty adding this to the list as I have (at time of uploading this post) yet read Insurgent.

Still I enjoyed both the first book and movie so I'll pick up the Insurgent (I have a month ++ so I'll be fine) before I watch the movie.

Till then plzzzz don't spoil the story for me!


I have only seen the poster and some stills. Not letting myself see the trailer till I READ the book!


3) Paper Towns ( Based on Paper Towns by John Green)


Released Date : 5 June 2015

After the success of The Fault in Our Stars, the same team is back with this adaptation of Paper Towns and I'm excited to see this on the big screen!

To the TFIOS fans who have yet to read Paper Towns, keep in mind that this is VERY different from TFIOS.

This is more of a Sherlock Holmes mystery story. Questin aka Q has always fascinated with his childhood best friend and neighbour Margo and her wild adventures. One night dress as a ninja, Margo takes Q for a midnight joyride of revenge around Chicago only to disappear the next day leaving a series of clues of her whereabouts.

I'm looking forward to seeing Nat Wolf taking the role as Q and am interested to see Cara Delavigne acting skills as Margo.

At the moment there is no trailer or poster but it should be out soon so looking forward to seeing the anticipation leading up to the movie premiere.

4) The Scorch Trial (Based on The Scorch Trials by James Dashner)




Released Date: 18 September 2015


MY MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION OF 2015!!!


I LOVE The Maze Runner Movie and it was my favourite book to movie adaption of 2014!!!

It was sort of a faithful adaptation as they keep to the plot of the book but how they translate to the screen visually was so much better! Heck in my opinion they made the storyline better!

If the acting, cinematography, and action sequences is just as good or better than the first movie this will franchise will be a hit!

I love the scorch trials book! There was always something happening in the book which made it nerve biting, WTH IS HAPPENING GOOD!!!

If you like fast pace, unpredictable stories with wicked action sequences you will love this series!!! 

I could not put down that dang book and I marathon the series after watching the first movie!


I'm looking forward to seeing more of the amazing cast especially this guys (mostly Minho and his SASS which they better not tone down) and their friendship and bromance on the big screen!

(Click Here) for my review on 'The Scorch Trials'.

(Click Here) for my review on "The Maze Runner Movie"


What are your anticipated movies of 2015??? Let me know in the comments!

Till next time





3 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I feel like there are so many les book to film adaptations this year! I swear last year there were like, 15 of them. And now we only have 5 or so. *sad face*
    Nonetheless! I shall see Insurgent and if I get around to reading them, I will watch The Maze Runner and then The Scorch Trials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAIT!!!! OKAY OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT PAPER TOWNS YES YES YES I WILL SEE THAT ONE TOO!!!! *nods*

      Delete
    2. yes watch maze runner!! its AMAZING!! lol no pun intended! I think there is actually more book to movie adaptation that i'm not aware so. also YES FLIPPING EXCITED FOR PAPERTOWNS!!! *JUMP UP AND DOWN EXCITED*

      Delete